The EA only operates when a new bar appears. Position volume is always fixed and set in the Lots parameter. Stop Loss, Take Profit and Trailing Stop parameters can be disabled – to do this, set the appropriate value to “0.0”. The last Trailing Step parameter – trailing step.
Two Moving Averages (First and Second) are used. The crossing is defined in a very simple way (this is not the most accurate method, but it is the easiest one) – by analyzing the indicators values on two adjacent bars:
//--- Buy Signal if(MA_First>MA_Second+ExtMA_MinimumDistance && MA_First<MA_Second-ExtMA_MinimumDistance) ... //--- Sell signal if(MA_First<MA_Second-ExtMA_MinimumDistance && MA_First>MA_Second+ExtMA_MinimumDistance) ...
- MA_First – First indicator value on bar #1;
- MA_First – First indicator value on bar #2;
- MA_Second – Second indicator value on bar #1;
- MA_Second – Second indicator value on bar #2;
- ExtMA_MinimumDistance – calculated parameter of the minimum distance between the indicators (Minimum distance between MA’s). This parameter can be completely disabled: to do this, set the parameter to “0.0” in the inputs.
Then each signal is checked by the filter using the Momentum indicator – the Momentum filter parameter override is checked.